Disaster can strike at any time, so keeping your home and family prepared as much as possible could mean the difference between life and death or minor and major damage. We want to provide you with reliable tips to help you prepare for the unpredictable threats of nature. FEMA.gov had some handy information. This week, we’d like to share what what to do before, during, and after a natural disaster emergency.
- Be aware of risks and signs of danger
- Purchase insurance that may not be part of your current policy (e.g., Flood Insurance)
- Develop a plan
- Prepare a disaster supply kit
- Volunteer to help others prepare
- Put your plan into action
- Help those around you
- Follow guidance of any officials in charge
- Call your insurance agent and a restoration contractor (like Swartz Contracting!)
- Repair damaged property (This is where we come in!)
- Take steps to prevent or reduce future loss/damage
- Return to normal, everyday routines as quickly as possible
- Avoid unnecessary exposure to sights and sounds of the disaster
Swartz Contracting understands how frustrating it can be to have an unexpected disaster disrupt your life. Since 1987, we have taken pride in guiding home and business owners through the restoration process and helping them to rebuild their dream as fast as possible. We offer 24 hour emergency response, and can be contacted by calling 800-462-1024. You can visit us online at www.SwartzContracting.com.