Winter weather is just now hitting us, but we can’t help but think about spring and the warmer weather it brings! You may think we are daydreaming (Aren’t we all!?), but it is a good idea to plan ahead and prepare now so you can enjoy spring when it comes. By spacing out the things on your to-do list, it will be easy to accomplish them all by the time warmer weather is upon us.
- Replace any cracked caulking around doors and windows.
- Replace old weather stripping.
- Replace old, damaged garden hoses and tools (shovels, gloves, rakes, etc)
- Clean up any debris that has blown into the yard or is left over from fall (leaves).
- Plan where you want your garden and what you want planted.
- Schedule for a spring HVAC inspection.
- Check all air filters.
- Begin interior spring cleaning (windows, ceiling fans, kitchen appliances & cabinets, the grill, medicine cabinets, etc)
- Test all emergency systems: home security alarm, smoke fire & carbon monoxide alarms, fire extinguisher)
Now is also a good time to begin thinking about any remodeling that may need done for 2012. Is there a room you’ve been itching to bring up-to-date? An addition you would like to build? A bathroom or kitchen that needs a make-over? This all requires planning and part of this is figuring what fits into your budget and schedule. Swartz Contracting is available any time of the year to answer any questions and provide free estimates!
Just think of how rewarding it will be if these tasks are all completed in the next three months. This maintenance is important for every home, especially those going on the market in the near future. All the more reason to think spring this winter!