What to Do When You Have Wind & Storm Damage – Download the PDF
Swartz Contracting is on call 24 hours a day, seven days a week, ready when you need us. From emergency roof tarps and board ups to complete in-house reconstruction services, we help you recover fast from storm damage.
Call our emergency services hotline at 800-462-1024 or 419-331-1024 and we’ll be on the scene fast. In the meantime, here are some tips to help minimize your loss and get you back to normal faster.
- Do not touch downed power lines, exposed wiring or objects in contact with them.
- Do not turn on or use any electrical appliances when standing on any wet surface. If it is dark, use a flashlight rather than a candle to avoid the risk of fire or explosion.
- If you see frayed wiring or sparks, or if there is an odor of something burning, you should shut off the electrical system at the main circuit breaker.
- If you smell gas or suspect a leak, turn off the main gas valve, open all windows, leave the area and notify emergency personnel.
- Be aware of hazards from exposed nails and broken glass.