call (800) 462-1024 for Emergency 24/7-365

Your Complete Disaster Cleanup Solution Company

Money and Bond Replacement and Financial Hardships

Money Replacement Who Do You Contact if You Need Help Replacing Paper Money after an Emergency?

Any bills that have been burned or altered need to be handled as little as possible due to their fragility. If possible, try to encase each bill or bill portion into plastic wrap to preserve it. Bills half burned or less can be brought to your regional Federal Reserve Bank for replacement.

If you are unable to locate a Federal Reserve Bank close to you, then you can also mail the torn or burned money via, “registered mail, return receipt requested” to: Department of the Treasury Bureau of Engraving and Printing Office of Currency Standards PO Box 37048 Washington, DC 20013


Bond Replacement & Financial Hardships What Do I Do for Any Burned or Destroyed US Savings Bonds?

Save MoneyIf you have any US Savings Bonds which have been burned or destroyed, you must obtain a Department of Treasury Form PDF 1048 (I) from your bank or online at: and then mail the completed form to: Department of the Treasury Bureau of Public Debt Savings Bonds Operations PO Box 1328 Parkersburg, WV 26105-1328

Be sure to include:

  • The names and addresses on all bonds.
  • The date and time period when they were purchased.
  • The denominations and number of each.

Tax Information and Financial Hardships

If you have experienced financial hardships because of your emergency, you may be eligible for special benefits. To see if you qualify for such benefits, contact an accountant, a tax consultant or the Internal Revenue Service (IRS).